Wilderness Therapy for Screen Addiction
World-Class Wilderness Therapy
We are a Wilderness Therapy program serving males and females ages 10-21. Our clinically sophisticated treatment program helps young people learn how to manage their screen habits using positive interventions in a supportive, fun atmosphere.
Our proven methodology has been featured in media outlets across the United States. We offer year-round clinically intensive adventure trips, a therapeutic summer camp, and an online program for teens & young adults.
Summerland is the leading Wilderness Therapy Program for people ages 10-21.
Call us today at (800) 867-2090 to discuss your child’s needs.
Calls are always confidential
- +Treatment Results
- According to a recent survey sent to over 100+ Summerland customers:
- 94% of parents said they would recommend the Summerland Program to a friend
- 90% of parents noticed a positive difference in their child after they had detoxed from screens
- 84% of parents agreed their child’s problematic screen behaviors have decreased since attending the Summerland Camps program.
Read the full survey results here.
- +Our Locations
- Summerland locations are seasonal as we seek to reconnect young people with nature and outdoor activity.
Adventure Trips: Our Southeastern US-based adventure trips occur during Thanksgiving, Winter, and Spring Break from March through December. Activities include surfing, kayaking, snorkeling, mountain biking, fishing, hiking, camping, and more.
Summer Camp: Enroll at our Poconos summer camp from June to August. Campers receive screen habit change and self-esteem groups in a supportive atmosphere on our 350-acre resort-like campus.
Behavior Coaching: With our online option, your child or young adult can learn about self-regulation and screen management strategies in the privacy of your home. We have a range of packages and counselors available.
- +Family Involvement
- Parents who enroll their child in a Summerland residential option receive a Family Workshop presentation conducted online.
Topics covered include parenting strategies, behavior contracts, setting up screen limits, and ensuring new habits stick upon the transition home.
Parents who enroll their child in any Summerland program receive a weekly update on their child’s progress.
Not sure about the next steps? Call us at (800) 867-2090 or explore our resources below to see what’s right for your child.
View our Program Decision Guide if you have questions about treatment types.
Take the Device Addiction Survey to see if an intervention is needed.