Holiday Fitness Fun for Families
Don’t wait until 2018 to begin incorporating fitness into your lifestyle. The holiday season brings lots of tasty treats and staying active is a great way to help burn off all those extra calories. It’s time to put down the phone, lap top, and video games and start your fitness goals this month.
You don’t need to belong to a gym or take part in formal exercise classes.
Here are 3 tips for busy parents this holiday season
1. Invite the family to take a nature walk outside. Looking at the change of season can be a fun and a great way to spark conversation.
2. Family decorating can be a blast, encourage help by putting up holiday lights, decorating the house and cleaning up the yard.
3. Holiday Music dance party can bring laughs and burn calories. Turn up the music and sing along too.
4. Go sledding if you live in an area with snow or take a bike ride to look at neighborhood decorations.
5. Sign up for a walk or run to benefit a local community charity. It will be a great family achievement and fun way to help support an important cause.
Anyway you slice it, starting your fitness goals this month can bring lots of excitement and help burn off those extra calories. You can read more parenting tips here.
Also, the gift of a fun summer at Summerland Camps and our simple and sustainable approach makes a great holiday present! Give us a call today at 800-365-0556 or submit the contact form here.
Lisa A. DeCamella
Personal Trainer & Fitness Nutrition Specialist