Sample Daily Schedule:
Each day is different at Summerland Camps. Below is a basic schedule, but your day may be different due to a planned lower or upper camp activity which takes the majority of the day. The day activity trips may include:
- Rock Climbing
- Zip Lining
- Whitewater Rafting
During these days, campers will not be present for the other group activities.
Typical day schedule:
8am Morning Walk (Campers learn to use pedometers to measure physical activity) – a valuable skill which fits into our goal planning curriculum.
9:30am Activity Group I (see Activity Group examples below)
11:00am Activity Group II
1:00 Activity Group III
2:30 Tribe Activity (see Tribe Activity examples below)
7:00 All-Camp Activity (see all-Camp Activity examples below)
9:00 Back to Rooms
10:00 Lights out!
Example Activity Groups:
Campers pick three activity groups to participate in. Our more popular activity groups are listed below. This is not an all-inclusive list, and activities can change based on camper interest.
- Primitive Technology (outdoor survival skills)
- Arts and Crafts
- Music Group
- Laser Tag
- Model Rocketry
Example Tribe Activity:
Tribe activities are broken down into three major categories. The first category is the “Team Challenge” where one tribe might compete against another tribe. In this activity campers must work together as a team to overcome an obstacle. Then we have fun tribe activities where the focus is simply bonding with the other campers, and possibly developing social and communication skills along the way. The third type of tribe activity is focused on our behavior change curriculum where campers learn valuable life skills to help them learn to manage the use of technology independently. Goal setting and behavioral modification are the focus of these activities.
Tribe Activity: Team Challenge
- Model Rocketry Challenge
- Drone Piloting Challenge
- Science and Engineering Challenges (example: build the longest bridge you can using a box of uncooked spaghetti and rubber bands, or build a contraption to safely hold an egg that we will drop off a 2 story building).
- Scavenger Hunts
Tribe Activity: Fun
- Frisbee Golf Course (on campus)
Tribe Activity: Behavior Change Focus
- Insight groups occur within the tribe activity time slot This is the core group your camper will interact and bond with.
- Campers alternate from team challenges to fun based non-competitive team activities (team building) to insight oriented groups on goal setting, time management, and self-regulation.
Example All-Camp Activities
- Skit Night
- Camp Olympics
- Lip Sync Battie
- Drama Games and Activities
- Sing A Longs
- Movie Night
- Talent Shows