Summerland Camps: Where San Antonio Campers Learn to Live with Technology
Welcoming campers from the San Antonio Area, Summerland Camps are fun and effective summer camps based at University locations across the United States. We focus on helping young people ages 7-21 learn how to live with technology. Based on science, our approach is simple and sustainable. We help campers to look up from their screens and experience real adventure!
We help campers from San Antonio and nearby areas such as: Kirby, TX. Leon Valley, TX, Converse, TX, Live Oak, TX, Universal City, TX, Schertz, TX, New Braunfels, TX, Pleasanton, TX, Seguin, TX, Canyon Lake, TX, Hondo, TX, San Marcos, TX, Kyle, TX, Kerrville, TX, Lockhart, TX
Ready to Change your Child’s Life?
Select an option below to get started:
What We Do
Learn about video game addiction treatment and what we do by clicking the button below
Cell Phone Addiction Treatment
Learn about cell phone addiction treatment by clicking the button below
Social Media Addiction Treatment
Learn about social media addiction treatment by clicking the button below
Technology and Internet Addiction Treatment for San Antonio Teens
Where to get help? Use our Google Maps plugin below to locate your proximity to our nearest camp:
North Carolina Location Is Closest to San Antonio:
Teen Boot Camp for Boys and Girls with Video Game Addiction San Antonio
If you are searching for a boot camp for boys or a boot camp for girls with video game or computer / internet / smartphone overuse issues, you have found the right place. We are a behavior change program focused on helping young people re-discover who they really are.
Along with a fun and motivating camp experience, families receive:
- A parent workshop to ensure parents have the tools necessary to support campers back home.
- Aftercare services to ensure the momentum is continued forward after discharge.
All of our camps are on university campuses. We believe this is the perfect setting to motivate and inspire young people to change and focus on the future.
San Antonio Cell Phone / Smartphone Addiction Treatment for Social Media Overuse
Adolescents and teens today are interacting through their smartphones more than ever. Simply put, if your child depends on you to tell them to put their device down, they are headed for disaster when they leave home after high school. If your child wants to attend college, what are their chances of success if they have not learned the skills to self-regulate their electronics use?
About half of college freshmen will ever receive a diploma. A small investment now in Summerland Camps will help your child learn the skills they need to successfully manage their technology use.
Structure is critical when it comes to college preparation. Adolescents and teens that have focused on screen activity have lost opportunities to develop structure and habits to become successful. Social opportunities may have also been missed. Our camp provides for these missed opportunities by teaching the skills young people need to live life in balance with electronics.
San Antonio Boot Camp for Technology Addiction and Video Games
Summerland Camps are habit formation camps based on university campuses. Our goal is to be fun, uplifting, and to inspire your child to make changes in their technology use habits.
We provide campers with the education, tools, and support they need to make the right decision about their daily habits. Families often enroll in Summerland Camps after searching for:
- internet addiction
- San Antonio Teen boot camp for kids
- video game addiction
- social media addiction San Antonio
- gaming addiction
- cell phone addiction
- San Antonio boot camp for teens
- boot camp for boys / boot camp for girls
- kids boot camp
- teen boot camp San Antonio
- boot camp for troubled youth San Antonio
- boot camp for troubled teens
Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success. ~Swami Vivekananda
What Can San Antonio Parents Do Now?
Can’t wait for the summer? Below are some options to take action today.
Learn about how to support your child. Start the conversation using our parenting tips.
Learn about setting up controls on the most common devices to best support your child.
Resources for Parents, Guardians, Teachers, and Caregivers
Featured Resource: “Tips for Talking With and Helping Children and Youth Cope After a Disaster or Traumatic Event: A Guide for Parents, Caregivers and Teachers” http://store.samhsa.gov/shin/content//SMA12-4732/SMA12-4732.pdf
- Center for Mental Health in Schools http://smhp.psych.ucla.edu/news.htm
- Center on the Social and Emotional Foundation for Early Learning www.vanderbilt.edu/csefel/
- The Child Trauma Academy www.ChildTrauma.org
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network http://nctsnet.org/nccts/nav.do?pid=hom_main
- National Institute of Mental Health: Statistics on Mental Disorders in America http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/the-numbers-count-mental-disorders-in-america/index.shtml
- SAMHSA’s National Information Center for Child and Adolescent Mental Health mentalhealth.samhsa.gov/child/childhealth.asp
- Texas Collaborative for Emotional Development in Schools http://www.txceds.org/
- Texas Council on Autism & Pervasive Developmental Disorders (PDD) www.dads.state.tx.us/autism/