Look up from your screen and experience real adventure!
– Welcome to Summerland Camps: Where Campers Learn to Live with Technology –
Located in California and North Carolina, Summerland Camps are fun, safe, adventure-based camps for youth ages 10-18 looking for an unforgettable summer while creating new habits and learning new skills. We show campers they have hidden talents and abilities they’ve never tapped into, because they’ve been too busy tapping on their phones.
Ready to Change Your Child’s Life?
Choose an option below to get started:
Free Aftercare Offer
For a limited time families can receive 90-days of free aftercare with any camp enrollment- a $1,485 value.
Request More Information
Access our contact form and a Summerland representative will reach out to you shortly.
Help Finding Programs
Our free guide on finding help- written by a qualified Independent Educational Consultant.
The Time for Action is Now
As parents, it’s our job to guide our children to independence. If your child’s ability to self manage their behaviors would prevent them from being successful in college or independent living, make an intervention now to correct their habits before it gets out of control.
Here are some questions to explore to see if now is the time for action:
- Does your child sneak electronic use and defy limits you set?
- If left alone, would your child use electronics over doing their homework or other responsibilities?
- Does your child miss out on socialization opportunities or outside play to engage in screen activity?
- Has your child’s schoolwork or home responsibilities (keeping room clean, etc) fallen off due to electronics?
Percent of day on smartphone
Science Daily reports female college students spend 62% of waking hours on smartphones (males 50%).
Possible effect of violent games
Pediatrics reports as much as 20% of real life violence may be attributable to media violence.
Summerland North Carolina!
Click the video to check out the awesome disk golf course on our beautiful and friendly Mars Hill University campus.
Campers at both locations participate in adventure activities where we make new friends, gain life skills, and learn how to life in balance with technology!